Using ActiveX Component in Navision 2.6e SQL

I have posted this problem before but still have had no luck with a solutions, so I thought I would try again. I have been writing a third party piece of software, which uses cfront.ocx (ActiveX) to connect. All was going fine until we decided to upgrade our database to Microsoft SQL 2000. Now I cannot work out how to connect to the database. Has anybody got an example of using the ActiveX control to do this, if at all it is possible? Mark Saunders IT Manager Lexon UK Limited

Mark, Have you tried using ADO to connect to your SQL server? We are not using C/Front (at this time) and connect directly via ADO. Bill

Sound like it will be a lot of work :frowning: But I will have to consider it, if I don’t find a solution soon. But what about the CalcFields method? How you do that without CFront? Mark Saunders IT Manager Lexon UK Limited

Mark, Can’t reproduce the CalcFields functionality via a single call. Would have to build the correct SELECT statement to simulate it. Bill

You can use C/FRONT with SQL-based Navision. Only one thing is differs - connection. See documentation. Business Applications Programmer Sertified Navision Developer SIA “Sintegra” Latvia