Using a calendar in User Portal

posted 05-06-2001 11:15 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi I have seen a User Portal demo where the date fields where entered using the classical Microsoft OCX calendar. Someone told me that the calendar was the one used in Outlook. Anyone knows how to do implement this in User Portal? (I tried to attach a jpg or gif screenshot, but I got an ``File type not allowed’’ warning when doing so…) Thanks, Toni alou@mazars.es

Try searching for calendar in the downloads section. There are several to choose from. Please note, to the best of my knowlege, it is not THE calendar from Outlook. Navision doesn’t support visual controls. Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117

That is not true. Navision does not support inform visual controls. You can call an OCX or automation server that has its own visual control. So on the onlookup of a form you could call an ocx calendar,(best to write your own interface to the control in VB). Don’t ask me how to do it in user portal though as I don’t use it. Paul Baxter

Mr. Baxter. It is true. By not supporting visual controls (as stated by Navision) I ment that unlike VB, you can not simply add the control to your tools and drag & drop the control as you would a text or lable control. People have commented about this, in this very forum. You can use an ocx programmatically. If I confused anyone, please accept my humblest apologies. Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117