USER PORTAL >> Webusers?

Hallo All, ~ What’s the license idee behind WEBUSERS, is it the same as normal dbusers? Example: assume we grand acces to 50 named webusers , but there are only 20 concurrend webusers at the max, how many webusers do we need to buy…? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kind regards, rdu@columbus.nl ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hendrikus, My understanding of the WEBUSER licensing is that WEBUSERS are named users if they are company internal users. For external partners only one WEBUSER license is needed (i.e. for Commerce Portal the customers don’t need one license each). In your scenario you would therefore need to buy 50 WEBUSER licenses. /Bruno

Thanz Bruno, ~ I did some testing now the following happened: Situation: (“Userportal setup”=UPS and Userportal=UP) 2,310 Web User /Each 10 6,710 User Portal 1 6,720 User Portal - Basic & Sales Activity Center 1 </License info> I’ve created 20 users in the USP </Userportal setup> add 20 users (same names as UPS) </win2k serv setup> @ All userdirectories are created in :\Inetpub\wwwroot\Dashboards\Users\ … (20 dirs!) # Now me and my collyz start to acces the UP webinterface with different user names(known on the UPS). # Users session 11 has no acces on the webinterface he/she gets the following message: The page cannot be displayed There are too many people accessing the Web site at this time. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: Click the Refresh button, or try again later. Open the rik home page, and then look for links to the information you want. HTTP 403.15 - Forbidden: Client Access Licenses exceeded Internet Information Services -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Technical Information (for support personnel) Background: The server you are attempting to access has exceeded its Client Access License limit. # When user 3 quits using the UP webinterface then after serveral minutes user 11 has acces. Summery: License agreement of UP is basely the same as normal navision client/server situation… Please correct me if i’m wrong~ Edited by - hendrikus on 2002 Jun 10 09:04:57

How many CALs has your Win2k server? Configure you server as “per seat”. >>HTTP 403.15 - Forbidden: Client Access Licenses exceeded >>Internet Information Services It seem not Navision’s problem. Business Applications Programmer Sertified Navision Developer SIA “Sintegra” Latvia

I think it would be best to check with your NTR for licensing information. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner