Use of FieldRef

Hi I’ve a problem, that is, I can’t assign 0 (zero) to a integer or 0.00 to a decimal var type, using FieldRef. Values as 12 of 12.12 are no problems, but I need to clear the fields!! Anyone who knows how I can overcome this problem ?? Kindly Regards Jan Kristensen

I have an even bigger problem. Isn’t there a document describing how one should use this new functionality ?

quote:

Originally posted by gco
I have an even bigger problem. Isn’t there a document describing how one should use this new functionality ?

All I’ve got is a .ppt file about What’s New in 3.60 C/Side. Better than nothing. [:D] Anna

I discovered that you can’t assign the result of a function directly to FieldRef.Value (integer or decimal - I haven’t tried it with other data types). But you can first assign the result of the function to a variable and then assign the variable to FieldRef.Value. It turns out that this will also work with zero - create a variable of the appropriate data type (integer or decimal), set the variable to zero (or let it default to zero), and then assign the variable to FieldRef.Value.