Use for calculation option in formula defintion

Dear friends:
Hope you are doing very well.
I have a question related for the “Use for calculation” check box at the formula version definition, what this check box is used for ? I understand that enabling this check box is used only to calculate planned cost price and sales price for the manufactured item by running the “Formula calculation” function.

Another question:
Is the formula calculation option affect the item cost price? Note that I’m not using standard costs for production.

Many thanks in advance
Best regards

It will remove the cost from teh batch order cost calculation (you should be able to see this) but I believe it will still include it in teh financial costing (set it up and process it to check)

Many thanks AdamRoue for the reply , But in my case , I want to get the cost price for the manufactured item from the production transactions and I want to use sales agreements with the customers to define the sales prices for the manufactured items , I this case it is not important to use formula calculation to allow the system to suggest cost and sales prices for the manufactured items , is this right???

Thank you

I would so no it is not right, I have replied here

http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/p/61104/326220.aspx#326220