urgent help on upgrading

we r upgrading 2.6 to 3.7. while customizing the DB. it has been give tht to restore old customized db(2.6) without data…so i just improted the old customized backup file into 3.7. and in 2nd step, it is said tht to restore the old standard database i.e 2.6 but here we r getting error,saying tht "you cannot delete or change the type of the Original Amount field(in the Sales Line table) before the value in the field is reduced to 0 or “(blank) in all records.This message occured because a nonzero value was found for the record Document type=‘Order’,Document No.=‘101005’,Line No.=‘10000’ in company CRONOUS SG Pete Ltd.” so what is the solution for this… please let me know thanx in advance, vikas

Are you restoring (with objects) into a Blank database, or one that already has data (CRONOUS?)? You need to restore into a blank database as per the instructions.

quote:

Originally posted by chrisk
Are you restoring (with objects) into a Blank database, or one that already has data (CRONOUS?)? You need to restore into a blank database as per the instructions.

i will tell in detail… 1st> i created a new db in 3.7 2>i imported backup of customized db i.e 2.6 then, 3>i restored standard db backup in same db. now here i am getting the error… tell me whether i should create separte db for each customized db and standard db of 2.6 in 3.7. and where can i get the compare and merge tool… please tell me.