Urgent Help. How Report 120 works?

Hi All, Can any one explain to me how the Rep. id 120 works. The Balance field in particular. is it running Total? When we are applying the partial payment to the invoices its not showing the partial amount. can any one help meon this.

Hi Ramanath For me the Aged Accounts Receivable report shows the correct balance with partial payments. Is your report the W1 version of localised? Assuming you are running an appropriate version (I have run this on 3.70) select print details, mine does have an error in the title heading, the original amount and balance are incorrectly labelled, but ultimately the remaining amount is totalled for the balance.

Hi Steven, When i apply partial payment, its not showing the remaining amount as Balance. Instead its showing full amount. To my understanding they are showing/printing only open Invoices. If the payment is fully applied, its not going to display the payment transaction.

Hi I do not seem to be able to send you a private message to reply to yours! If you send me your email address in a private message I will sent you the object I have as reference!

Hi Steven, My id - ramanathm@yahoo.com you can find my email ID in my signature. Thanks

So you can [:I] I looked in your profile! Anyway I have sent it to the other address you gave me. If I run this the balance is the remaining amount balance as per the ledger entries totalled on the customer card when partial payments are processed.

Chatting outside the forum it seems if you load 3 invoices up against a customer and then load a cash receipt and then post it without application. Then partially apply the payment across three invoices by altering the amount to apply field. Running report 120 then dispays incorrect balancing and aging. It would seem only the LAST entry is considered as a part remaining balance whereas the other entries with remaining balances are displayed as full balances and therefore the balance is presented incorrectly. Any developers want to look at this??? [:D]

Hi All, Please see the below for code changes ----------------------------------- The issue that you have reported has already been noted and a codefix for it will be included in the Service Pack 1 release. For the time being, you can make use of the code change below. - Go to Report 120, Click on Designer (Cntrl+F2), - On DataItem Integer, Name TempCustLedgEntryLoop, press F9 to go to the code: - Go to the function TempCustLedgEntryLoop - OnAfterGetRecord() Truncate the old code as below: … {OLD Code Begin <----Insert this line TempCustLedgEntry.SETRANGE(“Date Filter”,0D,EndingDate); TempCustLedgEntry.CALCFIELDS(Amount,“Amount (LCY)”); IF TempCustLedgEntry.Amount = 0 THEN CurrReport.SKIP; CustLedgEntryEndingDate := TempCustLedgEntry; CustLedgEntryEndingDate.“Remaining Amount” := TempCustLedgEntry.Amount; CustLedgEntryEndingDate.“Remaining Amt. (LCY)” := TempCustLedgEntry.“Amount (LCY)” CustLedgEntry.SETCURRENTKEY(“Closed by Entry No.”); CustLedgEntry.SETRANGE(“Closed by Entry No.”,TempCustLedgEntry.“Entry No.”); CustLedgEntry.SETRANGE(“Posting Date”,0D,EndingDate); IF CustLedgEntry.FIND(’-’) THEN REPEAT CustLedgEntry.CALCFIELDS(Amount); IF CustLedgEntry.Amount <> 0 THEN BEGIN CustLedgEntryEndingDate.“Remaining Amount” += CustLedgEntry.“Closed by Currency Amount” CustLedgEntryEndingDate.“Remaining Amt. (LCY)” += CustLedgEntry.“Closed by Amount (LCY)” END; UNTIL CustLedgEntry.NEXT = 0; CustLedgEntry.RESET; CustLedgEntry.SETRANGE(“Entry No.”,TempCustLedgEntry.“Closed by Entry No.”); CustLedgEntry.SETRANGE(“Posting Date”,0D,EndingDate); IF CustLedgEntry.FIND(’-’) THEN REPEAT CustLedgEntry.CALCFIELDS(Amount); IF CustLedgEntry.Amount <> 0 THEN BEGIN CustLedgEntryEndingDate.“Remaining Amount” -= CustLedgEntryEndingDate.“Closed by Amount” CustLedgEntryEndingDate.“Remaining Amt. (LCY)” -= CustLedgEntryEndingDate.“Closed by Amount (LCY)” END; UNTIL CustLedgEntry.NEXT = 0; }//OLD Code End <----Insert this line Add the following new code immediately after the above truncated sequence: … //NEW Code Begin CustLedgEntryEndingDate := TempCustLedgEntry; CustLedgEntryEndingDate.SETRANGE(“Date Filter”,0D,EndingDate); CustLedgEntryEndingDate.CALCFIELDS(Amount,“Amount (LCY)”,“Remaining Amount”,“Remaining Amt. (LCY)”); IF CustLedgEntryEndingDate.“Remaining Amount” = 0 THEN CurrReport.SKIP; //NEW Code End … Compile the report (F11) and save it. If you re-run the report it should be showing you the correct values.

Hi Ramanath Thank you for the fix - I am sure the users of this forum will appreciate you taking the time to post the answer.