Upgrdation and Standard functionality

hi My client is currently using NF-260 and want to upgrade it to Attain-3.60. There are lots of Customization done in the NF-260 which now comes as standard in Attain. After upgradtion the system will contain both the customized and existing functionality. Like we have customized Transfer Order in Inventory, which is now Standard in Attain-360. shall i ask my user to use the standard functionality instead of the customized functionality of 2.60 what is the best way to handle this situation? Any Suggestion… With Regards Hari

Hello, As a rule, it is better to go with the standard functionality, otherwise every time a new version of Navision comes out, you will have to re-do their modifications (Which is a nusense for you), which will cost the customer more (which they will not like either). There are some rare exceptions, but moving to the standard features is usually the best, and most cost effective, way. It is generally easier too, to retrain a room full of end users, than to upgrade a heavily developed 2.XX database to 3.XX onwards.

quote:

Originally posted by yharikesh
shall i ask my user to use the standard functionality instead of the customized functionality of 2.60

Definitely yes! Use standard as much as possible; try to convince your customer that he should change his way of working before you change Navision. In the long term you will both be winners. But if you are “short-termer”, change whatever you can change.