upgrading from NF 2.60 (spanish) to attain

hi, I’m going to upgrade from a customized NF 2.60 (spanish) database to Attain 3.10 multilingual. I’ve got Navision Developer’s kit running. The problem is very simple: How to create an Attain database with the old data from NF 2.60? I can import objects from 2.60 to Attain but I can’t see the data when restoring from a NF 2.60 backup file to attain database. (In international versions of NF 2.60 the name of the objects don’t match with English names, i.e. table 39 titled “purchase line” in English version is tittled “lín. Compra” in spanish version. However in Attain version it is the same. Thanks [:o)]

quote:

Originally posted by scb
hi, I’m going to upgrade from a customized NF 2.60 (spanish) database to Attain 3.10 multilingual. I’ve got Navision Developer’s kit running. The problem is very simple: How to create an Attain database with the old data from NF 2.60? I can import objects from 2.60 to Attain but I can’t see the data when restoring from a NF 2.60 backup file to attain database.

Maybe I got what you are saying or maybe I didn’t. Assuming I did - you can make a copy of your NF 2.60 database and open it with a NA 3.10 client; the database will be converted to be processed by an Attain client and it no longer will work with a 2.60 one. Hope this helps, if not, please help me to understand what your problem is. [8)] Anna

Things you need: 1)Being Patient. 2) The upgrade toolkit from 2.60 to 3.10 for the Spanish version (that should be provided by Navision Espanya) with the 3.10 localized version. 3) Follow all the steps indicated in the upgrade toolkit.On the instructions take special care on the steps refering to a version different from the English one when making the upgrade. 4) If you’re not wanting to lose a lot of time… try convencing your customer to go to 3.60 instead of 3.10. The client in 3.10 is buggy and usually hangs and there are a lot of errors on the 3.10 database objects you’ll have to fix… Regards,