Upgrading codeunit 104048 Upgrade 3.10 Step 2

Has anyone experience in optimizing codeunit 104048 “Upgrade 3.10 Step 2” - my client has a very large number of Item Ledger Entries and the conversion is taking “forever” and requirering a very very big database expansion first! Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

Maybe you can try to disable most of the keys on the tables affected by the conversion (Item Ledger Entry, Value Entry, etc.)

A VERY GOOD SUGGESTION! THANK YOU! I didn’t think of the fact that it’s much quicker to recreate the keys than to do all this conversion with the keys added. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

. o O (and this guy has 10+ years of experience) :wink: Lars Strøm Valsted ------------------------- Why can’t programmers tell the difference between Christmas and Halloween? Because OCT(31) = DEC(25)

I guess in the end we are all human :slight_smile:

I suppose we all learn the hard way :wink:

The batch job and recreation of the keys is now done! Before deleting the keys, the job was estimated to take 16 hours! Now it took 15 minutes + 45 minutes to create the keys! Thanks. PS to Lars: Grrrhhh GG - sometimes you forget even simpler things - and if you took a look at Navision DK’s support database for the same question, then you would find a completly different answer and not as usefull or quick. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster