Upgrading AX2009 to AX2012

Hi,

I have recently upgrading AX2009 to AX2012.

But in the compilation step after the 1.5 hr compilatino process my AX2012 application is closed automatically. Now i have restarete the application but this time it has loaded the Application Area and not prompt me with the Code Upgrade checklist to recompile the application.

Now the issue is i am not able to open a single dialog while clicking on anything in the content area.

I can do Ctrl + D to open the AOT but not able to open (execute) any entity in AOT by doing rightclick on it and select ‘Open’.

I have already downloaded the Demo/Developer license from the partnersource for AX2012.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I am only concern with the ‘Code Upgrade’ process. Is there any preprocess settings required for this?

I have already backup the *.aod files (SYS and USR layer) because my all customization resides in USR layer.

If you have customized any of the hybrid classes (\Classes\Session, \Classes\Application, \Classes\Company, \Classes\Info, \Classes\ClassFactory, or \Classes\VersionControl), remove the customizations before upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 I faced the same problem as you faced and i found that macro named File was customized from the source version so you may have sysObject customized and it screwed the new SYS logic good luck with your project and read some docs from here http://207.46.154.156/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=f31032ee-04a9-401b-abdb-d2d86b61085d