Upgrade US version with non-US dev license

Hi, I work as a Navision consultant for a company (main office in Belgium (Europe)(not an NSC) that has also an office in the USA. Before I took this job, I worked for a NSC for about 5 years. I’ve a developer FLF to custimize our application. Now I’ve to do an upgrade of the US database (2.50 to 3.70a). The US database is almost the standaard application with very little changed objects. But I’ve a license problem with the specific US granules like ‘payroll’. When I try to open the database with my license, I get an error that I have no rights for the payroll menu form. Is there a workaround? I guess that if the payroll menu is deleted all should be fine… Is it not possible to get an US developers license if I can prove that I have an Belgian developers license. Best regards, Dany Leemans dany.leemans@unibind.com

Ask your Solution Centre - they could help. In the past I have been given access to other licences to complete work.

Hi, you can do it in 3 steps: 1) make a fob of your main-menu 2) delete payroll -menu on your main form and do the upgrade 3) at the end : import your old main-menu fob, so you have everything back for the enduser. One question : how do you get a developer FLF ? Is it possible to get an developer license if you are not part of an NSC ? Thanks in advance, Nico

quote:

Originally posted by NicoV
One question : how do you get a developer FLF ? Is it possible to get an developer license if you are not part of an NSC ?

Like almost everything: you have to buy the Application Builder and the Solution Developer granules. They are, however, not cheap.