Upgrade to 3.1

My apologies if this subject has been done to death, however, I’ve failed to find much useful information on this subject. I’ve recently done some (succesful) experimenting on upgrading to 3.01 from a 2.6 database, however, the documentation I managed to find for 3.1 don’t tell me anything on how to tackle this. What I’d like to know is: [] Is it possible to upgrade a 2.x directly to 3.1? or [] Do I need to upgrade to 3.01 first? [] Do I need to run a bunch of ‘scripts’ to get the back up upgraded? or [] Do I just read in a 3.01 backup and I’m upgraded? Thanks in advance Jay

View document http://partners.navision-us.com/docserver/index.asp?act=42&cat=62&subcat=1153&docserial=16477 What I’d like to know is: [] Is it possible to upgrade a 2.x directly to 3.1? or Yes for base Financials, no for Manufacturing [] Do I need to upgrade to 3.01 first? No, Manufacturing must be upgraded to 2.60 first. Advanced Distribution cannot be upgraded at this time wait for 3.60. [] Do I need to run a bunch of ‘scripts’ to get the back up upgraded? Yes see document [] Do I just read in a 3.01 backup and I’m upgraded? No see document

Thanks for the response, Alan. Do you have a title to go with that document, as I don’t have a US logon, and don’t know what to look for on the Dutch partner web…

quote:

Originally posted by JJH: Thanks for the response, Alan. Do you have a title to go with that document, as I don’t have a US logon, and don’t know what to look for on the Dutch partner web…

Hi On every CD with Navison there is Upgkt (UpgradeKit) directory, which contains document and object needed for upgrade. In those documents there is detailed description, how to upgrade. Regards Bostjan

I feel like a doofus, but I finally found them in the W1 folder. I which I knew why I hadn’t found them before I posted this question. Murphy - 1 : JJ - 0

quote:

Originally posted by JJH: I feel like a doofus, but I finally found them in the W1 folder. I which I knew why I hadn’t found them before I posted this question. Murphy - 1 : JJ - 0

8-)) I thinkg that we were all in the samo position,… That’s the reason, why forums like this exists. Bostjan