Upgrade Navision 2.60F to new Server

Currently running Navision Financials 2.60F on a Windows Server 2000. I am in the process of migrating this to a new Windows Server 2000 in a new Data Center to allow our sales reps access this remotely. We are running the native .fdb Navision Database. It is approximately 10 GB in size. We have had some custom programming done to the program when it was first installed.

I am planning on installing the software on the new server and then bringing over the database. Would this database contain all the custom code or is that stored some please else?

I am going to have the remote users connect via terminal services to use the application.

Right now our internal users connect with the client application installed on their local computer and it connects via TCP/IP. Should I just be able to change the IP address it is pointing to in order to connect to the new installation?

Thanks.

Yes the db has all the objects and custoization. Yes changing the ip address will redirect the clients to connect to the new server.

as far as speed is concerned, does navision use anymore bandwidth for transfers than say SQL server would use for an application?

I haven’t compared the bandwidth usage difference between sql and Nav. But I’m guessing it’s close. As long as you have 100baseT network, you should be fine.

Concerning the IP Address. Would I put this in the SERVERNAME field?

That’s one way to do it. You can also put the server name and IP address in the services and hosts files, and then you should be able to use the server name in the shortcut.