Upgrade from CU6 to CU7 AX 2012 error model store.

Dear All,

I Install all application updates (express installation) CU7 Ax 2012 to current CU6 AX 2012.

Then I got this error at model store:

The model contains a customization of a configuration key. The model cannot be imported because you can overlayer a configuration key from the patching layer only.

Could you please help me.

Thanks,

If you have the Data Import/Export Framework installed, uninstall it before upgrading to CU7.

Hi Martin Dra’b do you know how to uninstall DMF? Thanks.

The documentation says:

If you have previously installed the Data Import/Export Framework from InformationSource, you must fully uninstall it and then reinstall it for cumulative update 7 for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2. As part of this full uninstallation, you must remove all binary files by using Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the Data Import/Export Framework model. For more information, see How to: Remove (Uninstall) a Model.

Is it enough information for you?

Hi Martin Drab,

I uninstall DMF already, but I still get the same problem.

Do I need to uninstall DMF in ALL AOS,DB,Client…, then restart computer?

Thanks.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your help. But I still don’t know how to get the model store name of data export/import. Could you please help?

Thanks,

Open Tools > Model management > Models installed from the developer workspace to see the models. Or you can call Get-AXModel | select Name in the AX management shell.

Thanks Martin for your help.

I appreciate it.

Hi Martin,

I got problem of performance with automatically merge code.

I read this article:

https://community.dynamics.com/ax/f/33/t/117916.aspx

and they say I should install hotfix KB2919062 then merge code automatically will be run faster.

And the link to download the hot fix KB2919062 they mention on their article:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=306973&fw=/kb/2919062

But I still can’t download. When I log on to this site as a partner, then I don’t find any hot fix.

Can you please let me know how to download this hot fix: KB2919062

Many Thanks.