Upgrade From 2.60 to 4.0

Hi, Has anybody upgraded the GB version from 2.60 to 4.0 ? Has it been successful ? Is the path a straight 2.60 to 4.0 or do you have to go via 3.70 or something like that ? Any constructive comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Is there anybody out there ? I’ve tried searching on this but there seems very little info on which to base a statement of either ‘YES we can upgrade from 2.6 to 4.0 without any problems’ or ‘NO we can’t upgrade from 2.6 to 4.0 without doing this that and the other’. Thanks

Hi, I did upgrade with the data once time for our customer and as my remember to upgrade with the data from 2.6 to 4.0, first you should upgrade to 3.1 then upgrade to 3.7 and finally upgrade to 4.0, because usually Navision only ship data converter tools (upgrade tools) from 1 version to 1 version higher and don’t forget to download the hotfix for the upgrade tools, but in my opinion this option is to risky because there are some major changes and there are a lot of data to take care. I think it’s better you upgrade the object only to 4.0 and if you have some data to include on 4.0 just export the data and then import to 4.0. To upgrade the object it’s better you compare your 2.6 object with navison 2.6 base object and then reapply your modification manually on 4.0 object.

Hi Aloi, Thanks for your reply. It’s a relatively small site we are looking at upgrading so your comments are beneficial to our further discussions of how to progress. Thanks

Hi, if you’re really want to upgrade with the data i think you should have a huge test on the costing because there are really major change on this area from to 2.6 to 4.0. I hope you can succesfully do the upgrade and sharing your experience on this site.