Upgrade 3.70 to 3.70.A

Hi, can you tell me, where do I find step-by-step for upgrade Navision from 3.70 to 3.70.A. I have some Add-Ons and my changes in objects in Navision and I do not want to lose their. Thanks. Steve

If you have applied all hotfixes then i don’t think there are any changes. Doc in general is available “3.70A_CD\Upgtk\Changes made in Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision W1 3.70.A.doc”.

quote:

Originally posted by facade
If you have applied all hotfixes then i don’t think there are any changes. Doc in general is available “3.70A_CD\Upgtk\Changes made in Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision W1 3.70.A.doc”.

That is incorrect [:(!] (although it reads that way in the documentation - I had this arguement with MBS). There are some objects that only are in 3.70.A The upgrade for 3.70.A (from 3.70) is the same as any improvement. Basically, it involves re-making your changes in the new objects.

Hi Stefan, 1) First of all you need the developer license to perform the improvement. 2) When you try to import the 3.70A objects into your database, then it will open an worksheet, which will tell you which objects can replaced directly without modifications, and which ones are reuired to modify manually. 3) Now take a copy of your database and note down the list of objects which have conflict with your modified objects. Then import the objects which ones do not have any conflict with your objects. 4) open the text file provided by microsoft for improvement changes and manually make changes into your navision changes. OR you can use Developer’s toolkit for comparing the changes. Naveen Jain

quote:

Originally posted by chrisk

quote:

Originally posted by facade

That is incorrect [:(!] (although it reads that way in the documentation - I had this arguement with MBS). There are some objects that only are in 3.70.A

Please do tell, what’s so new and good - pretty puzzled here?! - that’s not included in all the HF’s. I’ll probably compare them later this week - you could save me a lot of time - Thanks beforehand.

I don’t have a list, but Service Pack A is itself a hotfix making changes after Improvement 44. Because they have re-versioned all the objects, it’s more difficult to find the differences, but with the ADT, it is possible.

Service Pack A do not have Improvement 45. So you need to take the changes from All Improvements until 44, all the hot fixes and then Improvement 45.

Hi, Thanks for all the messages. But I am “greenhorn” [:p] in Navision and I dont know, where do I find the Improvements and what is the ADT. I know only hotfixs from Partnerguide and tools from CD with demo Navision. Thanks beforehand [:)].