Upgradation from Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 to Dynamics NAV 2013

Hi All,

I am following the upgradation document “UpgradingNAV2013”. In that there is a process of Compare the all the Objects of three different databases

1. OldBaseVersion.

2. OldCustomVersion.

3. NewBaseVersion

Objects and the difference has to be merged in the fourth file as per document.

1. Firstly my question is i am not finding the a tool where i can compare 4 files.

2. Presently i am using the Code Compare Tool in that i can compare 3 files but when i am selecting the files as the files are huge in size. It gives error not enough storage memory.

Please help me if anyone has compare the 4 files in there upgradation process. so that it can help me.

Thanks

Naveen.

You need to Merge into NewBaseVersion only. (3rd file)

You can split txt file as tables, Pages, reports and codeunits seperatly and try by loading.

THERE IS NOT SUCH MERGE TOOL AVAILABLE FOR 2013 USE CAN USE .TXT MERGERS LIKE WINMERGE OR ARAXIS…

GOOD LUCK.

ANIL.

Well how about Mergetool? This tool can do just that. And it’s build upon NAV by a one of Navision’s original developers Per Mogensen. You can download it here: http://dynamicsuser.net/media/p/338561.aspx

Have to add that using Mergetool is free to use if you are a partner. And they have to ask to get this free module added.

Yes ofcourse mergetool is usefull.

Thanks!

Anil.

Thank You for replies, I have used the tool Beyond Compare, it has worked.