Unknown ocx

Hi,

I’ve inherited from MS third party a report which creates a file and at the end of the code which manages the file creation has these lines:

IF EXISTS(NomeFile) THEN BEGIN
IF NOT COMCtrl.PortStatus() THEN BEGIN
COMCtrl.PortOpen();
END;
IF COMCtrl.TransferFile(NomeFile) THEN
COMCtrl.PortClose();

COMctrl is an ocx variable, which I cannot identify -

I’ve searched my hard disk and the net as well and found several comctl32.ocx of various provenience, but non of then holds functions such as the ones used in the abovesaid code.

Anybody can suggest where I could look further?

PS - Ask the author of the report is not an option. [:(]

Hey Anna,

Try creating a form based on the virtual table “Automation Server”, add all the fields and run, try to find the OCX in question and it should have the path.

If your still struggling, you could try using the GUID that you see in the globals or locals to narrow the list down.

t

The automation variable should have a GIUD identifier in the subtype. Google usually knows what it stands for.

If that fails try loading a developer license in production and see what it says there.

Thanks, guys

unfortunately the subtype reads ‘Unknown OLE ocx’ since none of the registered ocx seems to be the one originally used. My only clue is the symbolic name that was given to the variable - which might be totally misleading - and the way it is used in code. It looks like a file porting tool, maybe a ftp tool, which, of course, has nothing to do with “command control” tools, as the name would suggest.

I just hoped somebody would recognize the functions. [:^)]