Unknown Automation Server

Hi, in some codeunits in Navision 4 some automation variables are of Unknown type for example in Mail codeunit the BSTRConverterBody and BSTRConverterAttachFileName variables. How can I obtain what is missing and correct it. I have to install these automation servers but which of them ? Thanks in advance

Select all objects, and hit F11 to compile them. Navisoin should mark all the ones that have errors in them, and if some of those are because of missing dll’s you should easily find them.

quote:

Select all objects, and hit F11 to compile them. Navisoin should mark all the ones that have errors in them, and if some of those are because of missing dll’s you should easily find them.
Originally posted by DenSter - 2005 Nov 29 : 21:41:46

How can I find which is the missing dll ?

Not THE solution but it worked for me when i had this problem. Other PC’s in our company didn’t have that problem so i could find out what reference was made. In my case i was using a newer version of Word than the compiled objects.

I have had this problem a lot, and the only solution I found was what Peter suggest, but… surely someone has a good solution to this problem. The old {adfdsaf gobbldy goop 0988709870987xv097b08c} is just impossible. anyone?

The gobbledygoop is the GUID that windows uses to register the COM object that is used inside Navision. If you see the GUID that means Windows does not recognize the object, so without actually installing the component that it represents, there is no way to know what it means. Maybe google knows the number, have you tried that? We should start a list of these numbers here on mbsonline for us to reference, I am pretty sure they are the same in all installations.

Hmm, never tried google, should have though. A list would be nice.

Hello!

I have similar problems.

Did you finally make a list of those numbers to reference?

Thanks, Frida

Google is the way to go here. It would be next to impossible to maintain a complete accurate list.

Yep Google usually knows that the number stands for. It’s pointless to start that list.