unit of measure change

Hi,

What will be the steps used to change BOM unit of measure from inch to inch3 where inch3 has 2 decimal places.

I want to do that massive change on all BOM that use inch . please any ideas? Thanks

If the system allows you to change the BOM unit of measure (in case the item already has transactions).

You first need to create the conversion factor from the inventory unit of measure to the new BOM unit of measure, and from the new unit of measure to the inventory unit of measure (both ways).

Then you may change it.

What do you mean by " If the system allows you to change the BOM unit of measure ". This is actually what I want.

I have a subom that uses inch and I woulk like to use another bom unit of measure inch2. So do you see other impacts? Is there anything else that I should be aware of? please explain. thanks for your time to help me out.

I can’t test it to be sure, but the inventory unit of measure cannot be changed after the item has transaction, I don’t know if the system will allow you to change the BOM unit of measure if it has transactions. If you are allowed to change it, for sure you need to create the conversions factors first, between the inventory unit of measure and the inch2 unit.

I don’t see any other impact, except that the history will be different between the orders that used the inch unit and the orders that used inch2.

I got !! I’ll check. Thank you very much