Uninstallation of NA and Navision server

Hi I have a probelm with uninstalling of Attain client 3.01 and server from the server sysytem. I get this msg when i uninstall " Installation cancelled …The wizard was interrupted before the Installation of Navision Attain 3.01 was completed. Your has not been modified. To complete installation at another time you must run set up again’ and the uninstallation is ended without uninstalling". I tried with re installing server and client and then uninstalling even then the same msgs has appeared. I also tried stopping the service and uninstalling it never worked giving out the same message. is this a bug with 3.01 or any thing else has to be done. Thanx in adv Kumar

Hi Kumar, What’s your Server OS(W2K). Try uninstalling from Add/Remove Programs using Change Option. When process is in Progress, another window opens, don’t close that one. If you close other window before process is completed, your uninstallation doesn’t succeed. Regards

Hi Rahim my OS is win 98 and not W2k. thank u Kumar

I am having big problems getting 3.10 onto 98. It clearly will not run on 95 at all. We just upgraded from 3.01 to 3.10, and most of the machines were 95. I know that 3.01 should not run on 95, but it did without problems. But there is also a big problem with unistall. I am about to do more testing, but it apears that if you can not successfully unistall 3.01 from 98, then 3.10 will not correctly install. Also it apears that the Company Notes Feature in 3.10 does not work on 98, where it did in 3.01. Any one have any ideas? PS: One of the symptoms apears to be that the system does not copile online help. Manually installing all the compiled help files seems to work. _________________________ David Singleton Navision Consultant since 1991 dmks22@comcast.net___________ Edited by - David Singleton on 2002 Jun 10 02:23:04