Undo Shipment

Hi Guys! I’m using NA 3.6A with WM. I created a sales order with 3 lines for item A, item B , Item C. I shipped through WM ( Warehouse shipment - Pick…) 70, 35 and 56 units of each of them. Now I changed my mind and I want to undo my transaction. When I tried the “Undo Shipment” function on the posted sales shipment, I have this message: “You cannot undo line 10000, if warehouse activity lines have been posted”. This message is the same for the other lines so how can I put back inventory through WM??? If I cant do I have to do inventory adjustment??? Thanks.

Hi, I think this problem is solved in the new 3.70 version. Nico

Hi Nico/Tatiana Sorry to say this functionality a) does not exist in 3.60 b) has not been written into 3.70, as at 03/04/2003 (if the messages on the support logs are correct). It has been forwarded as a request to be assessed for future incorporation, although they may take a stand against it - due to the procedures and required paperwork/processing in WMS, it should never really happen (it is easier to see why it does without WMS and hence the funcitonality). You will have to use the standard functionality of Return orders to “undo” your Sales shipment, where you automatically can create Warehouse Receipts

Hi Tatian, This problem will definitely occur because it takes a validation with WMS and bounces back u an Error. IF U ARE USING NAV 3.6V THEN UNDO CAN BE DONE DIRECTLY W/O ANY HASSELS. YOUR PO/CO WILL AUTOMATICALLY GET UPDATED . WELL IF U R USING WITH WMS THEN U NEED TO DO A BACK END CORRECTION .( U NEED TO GO TO THE CORRESPONDING TABLE AND DELETE THE LINE CREATED FOR THE SHIPMENT ) AND THEN COME BACK TO THE FORM AND TRY THE UNDO. U WILL GET FREE FROM THE ERROR MSG . AND ALSO UR PO/CO WILL GET UPDATED PERFECTLY …hahahahha…BACK END JOB.

There is a similar problem in Undo Receipt (in Posted Purchase Receipts), since it does not change bin contents. Has this bug already been fixed, or is there a solution that’s better than the one outlined below? I am wary of just deleting a line from a table, as suggested by Matthews, in case there’s some other steps that I’m missing. I am therefore going to call the appropriate Reports or Codeunits to perform the following sequence (which works well when done manually): Whse. Receipt (Posted) Whse. Put-away (Registered) Purchase Return Order (Released) Whse. Shipment (Released) Whse. Pick (Registered) Post Whse. Shipment Thanks, Alastair

quote:

Originally posted by rosine
When I tried the “Undo Shipment” function on the posted sales shipment, I have this message: “You cannot undo line 10000, if warehouse activity lines have been posted”. This message is the same for the other lines so how can I put back inventory through WM??? If I cant do I have to do inventory adjustment??? Thanks.

Look guys…I did a search before I posted!! [;)] I’m using 3.70A and get basically the same issue with a warehouse management location (White warehouse in CRONUS). In other types of locations “undo shipment” works fine. Can a WM shipment be “undone”? Also, while on the subject of “undoing” stuff, has anyone written an “unpick” function? We’re one of those companies that likes to pull inventory off of one order so we can ship it to a more important customer…and of course we wait until its been picked, packed and staged. [B)] Thanks for any input in advance.

Hi, At the moment I am facing the same problem as you. The best solution would be to create an return order for the goods that you want to transfer to an other customer. The only thing I am not sure of is, that when you use item tracking this will go correctly. But I will find that out, and come back with an answer. But for now, nobody has more ideas?

Hi all , You can very well do the WHM “UNDO” by deleting the all the Registered Picks which you have done for the Particular SO or PO . and then the Apps will allow you to do the UNDO. Please make a check that the QOH will get updated but ur Bin Content will not get updated . you need to use the Re-Classi Journal to put back the Qty in the Bin Content in order to match the QOH & the BIN CONTENT. Thanks

Can anybody tell me about 'Undo Transfer Shipment’.