Undelete a deleted database

By accident I’ve deleted a database (it wasn’t a customer database, but two days old developer copy - so it’s not THAT BAD). I’ve tried several undelete tools (FinalData, Restore2000 etc.) but the files seams like dissappared from the disk completely. No trace of it. Does anyone have a clue? Have anyone tried it? And with success? Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

Hi Erik. I prefer the Norton utilities tools. I’ve only had luck with large files if I stop immediately and start using the utility to quickly undelete the file. Hope you are able to recover the file. /Michael

Did you use Navision Financials to delete a database and did you recover/undelete it with Norton? Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

This happened to me 2 months ago. I like to pretend I can type fast on a keyboard and one month ago I did a File\Dababase\Delete, Instead of a File\Database\Close from a Navision client. Even if the system asked me twice if I wanted to REALLY delete the database, I said yes twice (silly me!) I have learned the lesson now, slow down my typing while working at some odd hours during the night :wink: ###### tarek_demiati@ureach.com

Stupid queation, perhaps - but did you look into your backup?

Correct. Stupid question. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

I don’t remember exactly name, but it’s like “tiramisu” or something like that. It’s check HDD sectors and can restore FAT. If it cann’t help then nothing can help.

What about NTFS? And is the name really Tiramisu, or do you have any other suggestion. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

Have you tried search for it in internet ? Yes, it is Tiramisu. It recovers FAT, FAT32, NTFS, Novell, Zip drives… You can check www.ontrack.com too. Edited by - db on 2001 Nov 24 13:07:07

The only Tiramisu I know off is not a piece of software but it’s a piece of chocolate cake, really yummy if you ask me! ###### tarek_demiati@ureach.com

but i think norton utilities is more common here rite? ok, dat’s why i am asking you ppl this question… has anyone out there ever tried recovering a deleted navision database using norton undelete? better still, what about deleted objects from the database? because i have, on numerous occasions with my nimble fingers pressed F4, followed by a quick ‘y’, and there goes my object…

For undelete a deleted file i used to use Norton utilities (i don’t know if the actual version works on NT too…) just remember before wasting your time on trying to undelete a file a couple of things: a) DON’T WRITE anything on the disk you’re trying to undelete a file after deleting it… if you write something on it the chances of recovering that file are incredibly reduced… b) Search first in all places where you can have a copy… it’s usually better…:wink: Good luck (remember not to install norton utilities in the disk you’re trying to save… just use another disk… i did once and it was the reason i couldn’t recover the files… lol… long time ago…) Regards, Alfonso Pertierra (Spain)apertierra@teleline.es