Trendscape

We have a customer, who starts his fiscal year with 1.9. The problem ist, that in the trendscape-windows the date always starts with 1.1 or the 1st quarter starts with Jan-March, but should be Sept-Nov. Is there a possibility to change the normal behaviour of those windows?

Maybe it is enough to extend the headers of the matrix box. The are formatted in codeunit 359. Reijer.

So you would like to show the quarters as 1-2001/2002, 2-2001/2002 (broken fiscal year)? Then you will have to modify codeunit 359 PeriodFormManagement, function CreatePeriodFormat. The quarters text is made by this line:

PeriodType::Quarter:
    EXIT(FORMAT(Date,0,'<Quarter>/<Year4>'));

You will have to replace this with a call to your own formatting function, which calculates the quarters (and months?) based on the start of your fiscal year. John

As part of the UK localisation, Navision have extended the system so that you can setup calendars of the periods that the trendscapes will show. You can then select whether to see by real date or by your defined calendars. The calendars can be for days, weeks, months etc. or you can flag them to use the system dates too (in case you can’t be bothered to set them up). It is questionable why you would need a calendar for the days. The only use I can think of is if you want trendscape to show Saturdays & Sundays combined as one column or if you want to roll them up with the Friday figure. Cheers, John

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it was only the UK localisation of Attain that has this feature. Cheers, John

John, you are correct that codeunit 359 should be modified to accomplish this. In fact, a new option should be added to the “PeriodType” variable in both the codeunit and form (i.e. “Accounting Year”) with a new button on the trendscape (so calendar year can also be run). Then, in codeunit 359, a new section of code can be added to handle this new period type. It should use the “New fiscal year” flag in the Accounting Period table to set the date filter for the year. A couple other functions in codeunit 359 also need to be modified (for example, the CreatePeriodFormat function to return the column headings for the new period type).