Transfer between two different foreign currency

why transfer between two different foreign currency is not allowed in G/L Journal ? E.g. Transfer from Bank1 USD1000 to Bank2(DEM). If so, what other alternative we can use besides transfer it through a dummy account in LCY Application Consultant MJM Networks Pte Ltd (NSC) www.mjm.com.sg

To do this correctly then you need the cross exchange rates in the system as well, i.e. the exchange rate between USD and DEM migth not be the exact same as i.e. between USD → GBP → DEM. This is not supported standard by Navision. But I’ve done this a few times for customers. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

Hi, As far as I know you can post two lines: first with Debet amount, second with credit. Amount in LCY currency must be the same. Valentin Gvozdev BMI Inc.

You will have 3 posting lines in this case for sure: 1) a debit on your US Banc 2) a credit in your German Banc 3) a realized exchange difference as the exhange rates applied to the transactions will never be the same you are using in Navision. ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

If you play with the G/L Journal, put the data in in a certain sequence, Standard Navision will post A DM Payment for a USD Invoice with a GPB base. Try switching the accounts Bank <> Customer and Customer <> Bank and play with the currency codes it will post without error! I Just can’t remember the sequence! David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk