too much conflict in MPS

Please I Am trying to apply a certain regulation to MPS But I couldn’t … each time I am getting different results …? So pls do you have any summarizing about … using MPS I am trying to do the followings… Planning … work sheet … fuction calculate Regenerative plan… consider item x consider item cx component of x 1.How should MPS treat with X … Considering sales orders … considering forcasting … considering inventory ??? 2How should MPS treat with CX … Considering sales orders … considering forcasting … considering inventory ??? 3 .IF I have sales order for X ? Should CX automatically must be demanded ? 4.IF I have Forecating for X ? Should CX automatically must be demanded ? 5.This all above for Sales Forecasting Type ? 6.The same questions are asked for component Forecasting type ?

If you are ONLY running MPS then it will ONLY look at INDEPENDENT demand. With regards to 3 and 4 the demand for CX Is DEPENDENT upon the sales order for X and therefore WILL NOT be planned for. Does this help?

thanks steven for your help. Yes this what I am thinking of it … As the level ob MPS the item Cx must not be planned … Consider these two scenarios … the 2nd scenario will conflict with our thinking. Scenario 1 Item 8000 includes item 8001 as a component 8000 is independent 8001 is dependent component of 8000 Forecasting for 8000 is 1 Forecasting for 8001 is 1 having in inventory of 8000 qty = 1 having in inventory of 8001 qty = 1 One sales order for 8000 …dates are ar in NOV sales order : 8000 Qty = 1 Result for this scenarion is in the planning work sheet one line for 8000 okay great till now … not planned for 8001 scenario 2 Going through the same scenario 1 under the same conditions and the same items Adding only one line in the same sales order to order 8001 So adding in the sales order and asking for QTY =1 to 8001 It 's supposed to have same result for scenario 1 + plan to sales order for 8001 because it will consider it independent Question 1 : BUT I AM GETTING in scenario 2 ??more line 8001 which is purchase …if yo go to function → tracking —> you will see it 's done from sales order of 8000 i am working in V4 … trying to apply exercises from manufacturing training … in the book also they have different answers …where i doubt in the results they gave thank you again Steven … hoping not to disturb you but really i need help to understand this material

Hi Jouhayna I cannot follow your steps I am afraid. Could you confirm what I write is correct Scenario 1 You have a forecast of 1 for 8000 and a forecast of 1 for 8001. Your Inventory is 1 for 8000 and 1 for 8001. You have a sales order in the period of your forecast for 1 8000. Running MPS it tells you to purchase 1 8000. Scenario 2 You have a forecast of 1 for 8000 and a forecast of 1 for 8001. Your Inventory is 1 for 8000 and 1 for 8001. You have a sales order in the period of your forecast for 1 8000 and 1 8001. Running MPS tells you to buy 1 8000 and 1 8001. If this is the case then this is the reason. Whilst the 8001 is a component of 8000 and considered DEPENDENT on 8001 when a sales order for 8000 is loaded, by loading a sales order directly for 8001 the sales order for 8001 is considered INDEPENDENT demand and therefore planned for within MPS. By structuring your demand as you have 8001 has DEPENDENT and INDEPENDENT demand elements, and MPS ONLY plans for the INDEPENDENT demand. Essentially the MPS creates a replenishment plan based upon independent demand defined as forecasts, sales orders and demand frokm alterations in teh planning parameters. Hope this helps.

Hi Steven, Great what are you telling me . And that 's what I supposed to have : But pls Have a look … Scenario 2 You have a forecast of 1 for 8000 and a forecast of 1 for 8001. Your Inventory is 1 for 8000 and 1 for 8001. You have a sales order in the period of your forecast for 1 8000 and 1 8001. Running MPS tells you to buy 1 8000 and 1 8001. (supposed to have ) [?]Running MPS tell me to buy 1 8000 and 2 8001.(result I,ve got ) buy 1 to 8000 ------ > 1st line …>Prod order buy 1 to 8001------> 2nd line …> Purchase order buy 1 to 8001 -------> 3rd line …> Purchase order Tracking of first line Sales Order 1034 CURRENT LINE Here is the tracking of 2nd line : Planning Component PLANNING NEW / CURRENT LINE Sales Order 1034 / Requisition Line PLANNING NEW Tracking of 3rd line : Sales Order 1034 / CURRENT LINE It’s really strange because the same conditions of the item parameters and forecasting of the scenario one. Do you think that as well as I am having a sales order for it … then it will consider the previous & current demand as independent ? if you are sure of the results there must be something wrong … Just tell me if you think there must be something wrong from my side … thank you again. We are lucky to have Steven in this site

Hi Jouhayna My comments were based upon an explanation IF scenario 2 was producting the results as stated. It clearly is not, so here is “another” explanation. [;)] You would need to verify this is in the code, but essentially I believe the reason that 8001 gets a replenishment order for 2 is that once the independent demand is discovered as part of the MPS run then the ENTIRE demand of the item is analysed and planned for. As the demand of 8001 is a mixture of dependent and independent it would probably be considered incorrect to part plan for the item, so the independent and dependent demand are planned for at the same them. Where an item is SOLELY dependent, then MPS will ignore it and allow MRP to plan for it. See I said I was unclear on your scenario and results!! [:D] I do not think there is anything wrong on your data, I believe Navision is simply planning how it has been coded to.

Really thanks … I have no problem if the system process in this way … Because when i will run MRP I will have the same results… My ideas are well confirmed now . repeating my thanks