To See only The Preview of the Report and the Print

I Just Want To allow The users To See The Preview Of The Report And Not To Print The report

Hi,

look at the Sales Invoices report. There is a solution for that in NAV standard: If you open it by preview, you cannot print it until you print it directly without the preview.

But I think it is not possible to disable printing at all.

Marc

Which report you are talking?

If it a sales/Purchase document, whenever you print it will update “No. Printed” filed from Codeunits(313-320).

You can create a filed in usersetup to allow the user to print ot not and can check it in these codeunits.

It will stop printing from both Print and Preview-Print

I tried it to print to XPS and worked.

Try it to printing to printer…

Hi,

have you tried something like this?

IF NOT CurrReport.PREVIEW THEN
ERROR(‘Only preview allowed’);

CurrReport.PREVIEW is normally used to supress the preview like in report 1401. But I think it will work the other way around, too.

Thank you and if i want it only For The sales Order I.e I do not allow the end users not to take the Print of the sales order ,can You Give me in a detail manner

Hai Mohana can u give me in detail about how to stop the Print option For the Report For Sales\Purchase Orders

Hai Mohana can u give me in detail about how to stop the Print option For the Report For Sales\Purchase Orders

What have you already tried from the responses? Thomas has a good suggestion. Which triggers did you try to put that code in?

ya the code which supposed by Mr Thomas worked but by using that code we dont get the Print After preview ,but here the issue is to stop the print of the report for sales order

You want to print the report from Preview…not directly from Print…is it so?

yes,i dont want the print of the report directly.

Why do you want it like this?

Not to print directly and print from Preview.