To delte the entries

Hello All,

I have a test database where i have posted some transactions to test and see if i have make good configurations. Naw i see that the configurations are ok because all the documet are posted in the right account.

I want to backup this test database and to restore for a new company where i will register real data than i want to make compare with my acctual system.

Can i delte this entries.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can. But as you are asking, I don’t think that you should do it [;)]

Do like this: Create a new company in same database; use the “Copy Data”-function in the Setup Checklist (Administration → “Application Setup” → General → “Setup Checklist”. That copy-function can only copy base-data, not entries.

Thanks for your solution, i just applied.

And to delte the data which is tha way?

HI!

Once entries have been passed to G/L entry table we cannot delete or edit them.

Well, if you have created a new company, have copied the relevant data from the test-company - then you may delete the test-company. I think… [*-)]

YES, I CAN DELTE THIS COMPANY, BUT I AM ASSKING IF EXIST ANY POSSIBILLITY TO DELTE DATA THAT ARE POSTED WORNG. I WANT TO REMUVE NOT TO REVERSE.

THANKS.

Soni, please do not use all caps when posting messages here.

[:|] OK ok - reading your initial post I thought that all post [in a test-company] have to be deleted.

Well, only deleting some posts is kind of a task - depends on the type of postings and your skills. And it demands a developers license.

If you for instance want to delete a transaction based on a sale-invoice you have to delete:
*Sales Invoice Header
*Sales Invoice Line
*Customer Ledger Entry
+Detailed Cust. Ledg. Entry
+(“manually” unapply entries and re-open fully applied entries)
*G/L Entries
*VAT Entries
*G/L Register
*Item Ledger Entries
+Value Entries
+Application Entries
+(“manually” unapply entries and re-open fully applied entries)
*Item Register

Which records? All the related ones!

If Job is involved then you have to take care of Job Entries as well.

There are probably some more table involved - use Navigate to get a hint.

But yes - it is possible to delete entries!