TN Tiered Taxes

So I’m developing in a BC 365 19.5 US on-prem environment. Trying to handle Tennessee, USA sales taxes. Which are a bit tricky. They are tiered and are based on the individual line items. I’ve found an EventSubscriber endpoint to listen to in order to calculate and override the sales taxes. But these are being applied against the sum total, not against the individual line items.

Here’s a link to a post I made over in the Microsoft Dynamics Communities regarding more specifics → Codeunit::"Sales Tax Calculate" EventSubscriber? - Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum Community Forum.

Anyone have any insight or suggestions? Since we are on-prem and a few versions behind we are having trouble finding a third party add-in extension to just take care of these taxes automatically.

It sounds like you have a specific challenge with Tennessee sales taxes in Dynamics 365 Business Central. One suggestion could be to reach out to a Dynamics 365 Business Central consultant who has experience with sales tax setup and customization. They may be able to provide guidance on how to modify the EventSubscriber endpoint to apply taxes to individual line items instead of the total sum. Another option is to contact Microsoft support directly and see if they can provide any suggestions or solutions. Additionally, you could explore creating a custom solution using AL code to handle the specific Tennessee sales tax requirements.

Thanks for the reply. We are currently looking at POS solutions to work with BC 365 and this is a gap that we will be working with a Microsoft partner on.

Hi @gregarican,

Have you looked at LS Retail?

Best regards.