The user setup

Could anyone help me? I can’t specify UserID and Password in Program properties. I use win’98. Perhaps it works in win’NT? With regards, Maris

Could you elaborate a lil more on your problem, where are you trying to specify the USERID / Password Vishal NGP/NCSD

I Would like to use Windows Task sheduler in order to make some things in navision database. Because Navision doesn’t have Task sheduler. I have idea call some client, who could make these waanderfull things authomatically, but Navision allways asks for PASSWORD. Thats why These idea isn’t so beautifull. What could you propose to me? With regards, Maris

Maris : You are correct, there’s no way you can specify the password from the command line. ie : fin userid=bob, password=easy I have heard people using VB macro which records keyboards strokes and send them to the application (Navision or others). I always find this solution a bit messy and risky but you can try to experiement with it you might like it … Anyway the alternatives for your problem here are pretty limited to that. ###### tarek_demiati@ureach.com

Yup, most people uses for that macro programs. The usual problem with macro programs is that they use plain text files for recording the macros (or files without encryption), so it’s a real danger if you want to store a password. Remember also that navision’s backups must be used only by “authorized” or “priviledged” users, as you can access all info without having the password just by having a navision’s backup (not a copy of the database, but a backup using navision’s method). With the macro programs… there are some freeware, some shareware and some more expensive… almost all them will work with the navision’s backup. Just remember to make navision in full screen mode so it will have all the buttons/options in the same position all time and then you can with some of them inclusively recording mouse movements. Regards, Alfonso Pertierra (Spain)apertierra@teleline.es

As for automated backup we use ExpandIT and love it. The nice thing is that it is NOT a macro recorder. It also stores the password encypted. So, there must be some way of doing it. Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117

quote:

I Would like to use Windows Task sheduler in order to make some things in navision database. Because Navision doesn’t have Task sheduler. I have idea call some client, who

What about NA service scheduler? Probably, it will cover you requirements without a headache with NA logins. Regards, Yuri Pokusaev IBS, Senior Consultant NCPS, NCSD ypokusaev@yahoo.com +7(095)967-8080 Edited by - ypokusaev on 2001 Nov 27 22:20:57

NA service scheduler required to keep user session opened all time. Our Client isn’t satisfied, because they have payed for each session. With regards, Maris

Could anybody give me any Example of VB macro which records keyboards strokes and send them to the application (Navision or others)? Thank You in advance! With regards, Maris

Maris, Unfortunately, I can not attach a file into the forum posting. Find it in your mailbox. Regards, Yuri Pokusaev IBS, Senior Consultant NCPS, NCSD ypokusaev@yahoo.com +7(095)967-8080

quote:

Originally posted by wbenefiel: As for automated backup we use ExpandIT and love it. The nice thing is that it is NOT a macro recorder. It also stores the password encypted. So, there must be some way of doing it.

Sorry, but ExpanIT IS also a macro recorder (a good,specific and expensive one… but a macro recorder), but modified for encrypting the password used on Navision (i’ve tested the demo some time ago when working for the spanish NSC i was in and we rejected to buy it 'cos it was too expensive for using it instead of other macro programs…) Regards, Alfonso Pertierra (Spain)apertierra@teleline.es