the use of version code in routing

Dear All, I would like to ask you about the use of version code filed and how it works in the routing qlty measure, comments, tools and personnel of a routing and routing version, Because when I create a routing, then I create version of routing, and click line, I also find version code field in routing version qlty measures, tools, personnel, comments. How many manufacturing company use them all ? Any answers are welcome Rgds, Mark

Hi Mark The routing version allows you to create a new version of the routing whilst still using hte old, implement when you are ready and then see the history of the routing. It simply means you can phase in changes. It is the same concept as a BOM change being reflected in a version, it is just for routing.

Dear Steve, all, Tks for your reply but I don’t clearly understand your answer. I actually want to ask you about what is the function of version code field in the routing personnel, tools, comment and qlty measure and in the routing version personnel, tools, comments and qlty measure? I have seen that if I filled the version code field in the routing personnel, it directly go to routing version personnel and then the field is empty. I have connected my routing personnel to employee list, and all are automatically filled either no. and description field. Rgds, Mark

Hi Mark Do you understand what the version code is used for in teh routing card?

Dear Steven, I understand, it could be assumed as same as BOM version, that is as a means in the Engineering change control. I just want to know why these words appear in the pop up message: The routing personnel already exists. Identification field and values: Routing No. =‘1000’,Version Code=‘10000’,Operaition No. =‘20’,Line No.=‘10000’ if I want to insert routing personnel in one of routing line in the routing but not in the routing version line ? Rgds, mark

Hi Mark When you create a new routing this should get a new version, the new version will include associated personnel, tools, comments etc. It is the “entire” routing that has an associated version. If you create anew version and copy the routing you will see the verson rise in the associated table as well. Where are you trying to insert the personnel?

Dear Steven, Tks a lot for your explanation. The first, I created routing version of routing no. 1000 bicycle, its no. is 10000. The first line of routing version is work center-100, and it is as same as routing no. 1000. In the routing no. 1000, in its routing personnel, I try to fill the personnel and it’s linked to employee list. I select AH code then it appears in the routing personnel window. When I try to select routing version in the routing version field of the routing personnel window and click the no. 10000, then these words appear: The routing personnel already exists. Identification field and values: Routing No. =‘1000’,Version Code=‘10000’,Operaition No. =‘20’,Line No.=‘10000’ The above situation happened when the routing version personnel is available but have the different employee code with what I try to fill in the routing personnel. but if it’s not available, my routing personnel automatically goes to routing version personnel, meanwhile I want to assign the code only to routing personnel. This is happened if I fill version code field in the routing personnel windows. rgds, mark

quote:

I try to fill the personnel and it’s linked to employee list.

This means you have modified this area if you are linking it to the employee list. I suggest you look at your modification and what it is doing, as I can create a new version, add new personnel to the operation and access the version and process with it without issue. Unless I am misuderstanding where you are saying you are

quote:

I try to select routing version in the routing version field of the routing personnel window

Dear Steven, Tks for your reply. I am sorry in the 2nd quote, I wrote wrong. But I 've tried the other and it works good. Rgds, Mark