The posting date of one or more journal lines is after the current fiscal year. Do you want to continue?

Dears, I have seen this message before in NAV 2017 and it was a bug and solved by some updates.

Now I wondering to get this message in Business Central Cloud

The posting date of one or more journal lines is after the current fiscal year. Do you want to continue?

pastedimage1549347743229v1.png

I checked the Accounting periods and everything is fine, the Years 2016, 2017 Closed and the Y 2018 still open as still the customer recording some entries related to 2018.

of course, 2019 and 2020 still open, and the year 2020 was opened for the Deferrals purpose.

I check many solutions like My Notification setup, but this was not worked.

Thanks

Regards

Never seen it myself, which localization is this?

The personally I like the message. Typically you would not allow employees to post in the next fiscal year. Notice it does say you can’t, which you can if you have created the next periods. I’ve implemented similar changes for some of my previous NAV projects.

If you think it’s an error, then you should report it to Microsoft via your partner. Or you can post it on http://aka.ms/bcideas - or make an extension which overrides this functionality (if possible). [emoticon:c4563cd7d5574777a71c318021cbbcc8]

Btw. did you check this post first:

https://www.adv-usa.com/2018/07/06/general-journal-posting-error-the-posting-date-of-one-or-more-journal-lines-is-outside-the-current-fiscal-year-nav-2017/

Thank you Mr [mention:61b2aa9ce72e429baa1ef43208ddbea4:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05], I have checked that before, in the Business Central I couldn’t find the page (My Notifications)

The system is working fine it’s a matter of the error/warning message which sometimes makes the user scared especially for those never used ERP.

Thanks,

But Again, the posting date in 2019 which is not next fiscal as it is current, I am not sure is it a bug, I used On-prem to see that happening also there and I did not get any errors.

Still, MS must work a lot for the cloud version

Then you should report it through one of the channels, Microsoft may or may not be aware.

Yes I will do, I found another small bug which not effecting anything but only the tooltip text

“Sales” is the correct word, but tooltip text shows Purchases

its in nav 2018 as well can be ignored not something i would worry about

Yes, My friend, that’s fine for me but why not making a 99% perfect product, specially we love NAV.