The following SQL Server error or errors occurred when accessing the Item Ledger Entry table:

When I am trying to create a new key in Item Ledger Entry Table, system returns the following error:

The following SQL Server error or errors occurred when accessing the Item Ledger Entry table:

1913,“42S11”,[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The operation failed because an index or statistics with name ‘$37’ already exists on table ‘Navision15012012.dbo.Trident15012012$Item Ledger Entry’.

SQL:
CREATE UNIQUE NONCLUSTERED INDEX “$37” ON “Navision15012012”.“dbo”.“Trident15012012$Item Ledger Entry” (“Item No_”,“Global Dimension 1 Code”,“Global Dimension 2 Code”,“Location Code”,“Posting Date”,“Entry No_”)

Kindly suggest the solution, if you had come across the similar kind of error.

Hi,

Take a look at your keys for the table. You can do this by highlighting the table you want and click Design. Then, from the toolbar, click on View and then Keys. Duplicates keys are not allowed. Read your error message carefully. It will tell you where to look for the error

Before you create your new key on ILE table. Just check whether that key is already exits or not . If exits then use that key. if not then go to the SQL sever management studio and then go to the ILE tabe and delete that Index $37 then recreate that key from Nanvision.

Hi Sajoy,

If I deleted that Index $37, it may cause any other performance issue??

you can disable that index and test the performance issue

What new key are you trying to create? What version of NAV (pre or post VSIFT).

Why is this index unique, that should only be for the primary key, is it possible that you have accidentally changed the primary key to the new one and thus duplicated it?

Hi David,

We are using NAV 2009 R2. The new key which I have tried to create is given below…

Key SumIndexFields
Item No.,Global Dimension 1 Code,Global Dimension 2 Code,Location Code,Posting Date Quantity

I haven’t changed any exising keys. I have just tried to create the above mentioned key. This is not duplicated.