the effect of creation of 2 same item

Dear All,

I am currently confusing when I find that a friend using AX create two the same item but one only use routing untill middle process/operation then end. The items purposes are finish good and WIP. item A-1 called WIP contains 4 operations routing (e.g. A-B-C-D), meanwhile item A contaims 4 operations in routing (e.g. E-F-G-H). item A actually must follow operation sequences A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H whenever I must calculate the estimation cost of its production, mustn’t it ? but my friend didn’t created the routing for item A, but divided. meanwhile WIP can’t be sold but it is only finish good. my questions are as follows:

1. Does AX have field or functionality or anything else that can be combined the WIP cost + finish good cost based on the routing or whenever the production is set to end ?

2. if I want to know item A cost (estimation) , will it be included item A-1 automatically whether I do estimation on item A-1 or not ? The both items of course used the same BOM but only different routing.

Anyway, if I use the both routing on item A (2 versions maybe, I am not sure), does AX use the both routing in the estimation ? I wish to have the answer from you. I appreciate it so much. tks

Rgds,