The DP in AX2012 cannot found in the "Properties" in the Dataset in the Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate

I am a freshman in ax for 4 months. I am facing a problem which is the DP in AX2012 cannot found in the “Properties” in the Dataset in the Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate for me to do the report. Could you tell me how to synchronize these two entities, please?

Hi Satoyuichi,

Please check the following things

1. DP class extends “SRSReportDataProviderBase” .
  2. Does DP class contains processReport Method.
  3. Select the dataset type as RDP in Visual Studio.

Regards
Syed Salik

I have investigated more in this case. Basically I got two sites. One is DEV, another is PROD. I got a ABCDP in DEV and I got EFGDP in PROD. In the Visual studio side, I connected to the PROD site, I can’t find the EFGDP in the “Properties” section in the “Report Data Provider” in the Visual Studio. But I can find the ABCDP in it, could you tell me any technical issue or solution that I can solve this problem, please?

Hi Satoyuichi,

This issue is caused as your DEV environment has currently connection with Visual studio.
To establish the connection with PROD environment follow following steps.

1. Open Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Configuration.
  2. Go to Connections tab enter the Production server name and ports Or select PROD Configuration in configuration.
  3. Click on Refresh Configuration button.
  4. Click on Apply and give Ok.

Now u can try to open AX and then Visual studio.

Regards
Syed Salik

Either change the default AX configuration (using AX configuration utility) or create an AX configuration in PrivateAssemblies folder of Visual Studio (see details in How to: Open Visual Studio with a Specific Configuration).