The 3rd Dimension

Has anyone ever tried to set up a third global dimension in attain 3.60? If so how do you go about it? Am i just being thicker than normal?[B)]

hi, on the ftp site of navision there is a white paper about dimensions. This paper describes what you have to do when you want to add an new (global) dimension. Greeting Nico

Guys as far as I know there are ONLY 2 GLOBAL dimensions. All the other ones are just regular dimensions. If you want a 3rd global dimension I think you need to code stuff. Regards, Cristi Nicola

Adding a third Global Dimension is done through code. It would be an fairly extreme change as far as future upgrades go (although not as bad as doing it in 2.60). Definately not for the faint of heart. Are you sure that you can’t do what you want with the Local Dimensions? In most cases, the user can’t even tell the difference.

Hi Nico, We’ve had a quick a look on the ftp site of Navision but can’t find it and our network administrator is getting a little frustrated because we have to get him to download things for us each time we think we’ve found the right document. Only he can download things you see ? Could you (or anybody) please give us an exact path to follow ? Many Thanks Rob

Hi All, Found something eventually thanks.

Does anyone have a copy of this whitepaper they can pass along? DjangMan ddunn@qualitydirections.com