TFS & Dynamics \ Release Processes (Dual tier development)

Hello I don’t know if this is the best avenue to ask this question but I thought what better place to ask than to fellow developers.
Currently the company I am developing for is doing a dual tier development. One side is the ISP who wrote the highly customized version of Dynamics AX to fit the clients business needs, on the other side is me who is working directly for the client to do customizations, data migration, and reporting. We are running into issues with the development cycle. The ISV is putting out new code releases nearly every week. When they have a new code release I have to export all of my work for the past week as XPOS they wipe the dev environment and lay down the new code version. I thin re-import all of the XPOS into the new code release on DEV and continue my work. At the end of the week when its time for me to submit my code to the ISP export the model store and send it to them where they roll it into their version and put it into the test environment for testing.

They do not have TFS installed for my use currently. I was wondering would TFS help in the situation of having to export and re-import XPO’s? If I had the client install TFS would this help me in checking in my code before they wipe dev and to check out the code when they are finished so I would no longer have to keep exporting\importing XPOS? Does TFS give you this functionality? I obviously know the version control alone is worth it but I am wondering does have the ability to import objects back into dev environment. We seem to have issues sometimes when XPOS don’t always import correctly destroying\delaying progress.

Thanks in advanced for any advice given.

Version control systems (including TFS) store code as .xpo files, so they might be be used to simulate exporting code (check-in) and importing it back (synchronization).

Nevertheless you actually don’t want to simply import your version of code (regardless whether the .xpo file is stored in TFS or somewhere on disk); you want to merge yours and ISV’s changes. The right process would be using separate layers and running conflict detection and resolving conflicts (if any) after installing the new model from ISV.