Test connection failed-ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Hi there,

I am using Dynamic AX 2012.

In control panel ODBC(32bit), I added a “DB_32_AXDEV” (DSN) 32 bit and tested successfully.

The SQL Server 2008 is installed in a 64bit Windows server.

In Dynamic AX client, I go to DIEF(Data Import Export Framework), Source data formats.

Add a new connection.

DSN type: System DSN

DSN location: SQL

Name: DB_32_AXDEV (32 bit)

Connection String: Driver=Oracle in OraClient11g_32;DisableRULEHint=T;Attributes=W;FetchBufferSize=64000;NumericSetting=NLS;ForceWCHAR=F;FailoverDelay=10;FailoverRetryCount=10;MetadataIdDefault=F;BindAsFLOAT=F;BindAsDATE=F;CloseCursor=F;EXECSchemaOpt=;EXECSyntax=F;Application Attributes=T;ResultSets=T;QueryTimeout=T;CacheBufferSize=20;StatementCache=F;Failover=T;Lobs=T;DisableMTS=T;DisableDPM=F;BatchAutocommitMode=IfAllSuccessful;Description=DB_32;DBQ=DB;UserID=AXDEV;DSN=DB_32_AXDEV;

As I clicked the Validate button, I got “Test connection failed-ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified”.

Could you please give me any hints on this error?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Phil

Hi there,

Ok, I gave up 32bit ODBC and go back to 64bit ODBC.

I set up a new ODBC like my previous post.

In classes, there is a class named as DMFHierarchyValidation.

connectionStr = _dmfDataSourceProperties.dsnConnectionString + ‘uid="’ + _dmfDataSourceProperties.dnsUserName + ‘";pwd="’ + cryptoblob2str(WinAPIServer::cryptUnProtectData(_dmfDataSourceProperties.Password)) + ‘";’;

As I debug this class, I found uid was empty. That means _dmfDataSourceProperties.dnsUserName was empty.

It cannot get the username from the server, even it can get DSN name from server.

So I modified this line and hard-code the uid as the name I set in control panel->ODBC(64bit).

Then when I click the Validate button. I got test connection sucessfully.

That’s the whole procedure I have done.

Wish it can help someone with this kind of error!

hi there,

i am using 64bit using as sytem dsn in AOS, in server the connnetction works fine. but in AX connection validation fails.
when i submit the password , i get the following error

Test connection failed-ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

pls help

Driver=Oracle in OraClient11g_home1;DisableRULEHint=T;Attributes=W;FetchBufferSize=64000;NumericSetting=NLS;ForceWCHAR=F;FailoverDelay=10;FailoverRetryCount=10;MetadataIdDefault=F;BindAsFLOAT=F;BindAsDATE=F;CloseCursor=F;EXECSchemaOpt=;EXECSyntax=F;Application Attributes=T;ResultSets=T;QueryTimeout=T;CacheBufferSize=20;StatementCache=F;Failover=T;Lobs=T;DisableMTS=T;DisableDPM=F;BatchAutocommitMode=IfAllSuccessful;Description=;DBQ=ORACLE-TEST ;UserID=testapps;DSN=Oracle Test;

Thanks
Oz