TCP/IP Error ECONNREFUSED

Folks,

am just joining the forum and have perused posts related to TCP/IP Error Econnrefused error but seem not to land on a kill for a similar problem am facing. Let me state it and hope that you great folks can sort me out.

We are Implementing NAV2009 with the Native database having clients connecting to a central database that is sitting on windows 2008 server. The clients have xp, windows7 and vista os.

We have installed the client side on a laptop whose xp os was recently reinstalled following a virus crash. However when we attempt to connect to the centralserver the famous message is displayed.

TCP/IP connections ‘host’ is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED)

the following steps were undertaken too

1. entry in the hosts file xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx centraldatabase
  2. computers are part of the domain
  3. we have disabled the fire wall
  4. mcafe antivirus is installed and running on the laptop

when we attempted to install both client and database on the laptop we could access the laptop database as a server but like earlier alluded we cannot access the main central database.

Some help please.

MM

Hi,

Welcome to Dynamics User Group.

Try following:

Instead of server name, enter its IP Address in the server name field (while opening database).

If this doesn’t work, can you ping the server machine from your client?

Are you able to access the server from other machines in the network?

Hi Dhan,

thanks for the amazingly quick reply, see my remarks below

Instead of server name, enter its IP Address in the server name field (while opening database). Had done this but still same error

If this doesn’t work, can you ping the server machine from your client? Yes I can ping the server from the client successfully

Are you able to access the server from other machines in the network? Yes many other clients are connecting succesfully and actually the laptop was connecting before the os was restored. The OS is xp sp3

thanks

Mofaht Masaba

Check what Network type you are using and ensure thats its TCP and TCPS.

t

It is TCP

Hi Robert,

Check if you can “ping” the server from the PC form the command prompt. If this is OK then chack your firewall setting to see if the firewall is blocking the connection. A easy way to check this is to connect from the server using the database server.

Hello Dave and colleagues,

thanks for your support & tips, sorry been out of circulation as I lost contact with the folks I was supporting in S. Africa. They have since replaced the stubborn computer and so, for now, we cannot progress this discussion. Please Dave, cld you throw some more light on your advice 4.) Fill out your Tags - it will help other people.

cheers

Robert

Hi Robert,

Sorry for the late reply as I was on hoildays.

Tags are at the bottem of a post and are used to grouping post. For example, you could use the tags, “Navision; TCP/IP; eConnRefused” for this post. You can search the forums by tag and search engines also pick up the tags and increases the chances of finding a useful post quickly.