take all data from first database and put in second database

Hi Guys

I have two databases these two databases have same structures and objects but different only in data i want to take all data in tables only from first database then put in another database but not using backup i need only data because database i have is big and two databases found in different places and no connection(network) between each others so that i need to transfer all data from first database to another in file(flat file or excel or sql etc) are these possible and how

Well, maybe the “bcp” utility could help you: http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/ms162802.aspx

It’s a little old-fashioned, but it gets the job done!

You can use a brute force approach if you have the time and the patience. You’ll want to first create a list of all the tables in your source database that have data in them, then sort the list so that non-dependent data is first in the list. These are usually setup and lookup tables, followed by card-style tables (Customer, Vendor, Job, Item, etc.) and then Registers and Ledgers. You’ll create either dataports or xmlports to move the data out of the source database and then back into the target database. Since you’ll be making a lot of them, you may want to put multiple tables in a single dataport. If you look around you should be able to find a tool for automatically building dataports based on your list of table objects; that will help with the mundane coding quite a bit.

Then, of course you’ll want to know in advance that none of the data you’ll be importing will collide with existing data. I’m presuming that you’ll be importing into a database that already has a copy of all of the necessary objects installed.

This is far from the typical or optimal method for moving data and I wouldn’t recommend it for production data. You haven’t given us much to go on though. If you’d like, an explanation of why you don’t want to use backup/restore may be helpful information?

I hope that helps.

can i make this task by ssis