TableRelation in 3.70a

Hi, I’m working in 3.70a Table Designer, setting a field TableRelation property. The property is conditioned by an other field value. Not an uncommon thing. I use the TableRelation wizard to write the formula and I get the following string: IF (VIPA_SourceType=CONST(Distinta Base)) "Production BOM Header" ELSE IF (VIPA_SourceType=CONST("Car. Techn. ")) VIPA_TestataSpecificheTecniche When I try to compile the table, I get the “A ‘)’ is missing in TableRelation” message and the Table can’t be compiled. [B)] Anybody knows what’s wrong with it? Is it too long? What if I had to get together three or more conditions? [?] Thanks in advance Anna

→ Distinta Base ← must be within the “Distinta Base” It will be: IF (VIPA_SourceType=CONST(“Distinta Base”)) “Production BOM Header” ELSE IF (VIPA_SourceType=CONST("Car. Techn. ")) VIPA_TestataSpecificheTecniche Naveen Jain

Why do you “write” the formula? Use the assistedit (Shift + F2). A good example is the tablerelation set up for “No.” in table 37 “Sales Line” Edit: After having reread your mail, I guess you actually do use the wizard (so pardon me if I stated the obvious). Naveen clearly has a point so this is quite puzzling…

quote:

Originally posted by naveenjain
→ Distinta Base ← must be within the “Distinta Base” It will be: IF (VIPA_SourceType=CONST(“Distinta Base”)) “Production BOM Header” ELSE IF (VIPA_SourceType=CONST("Car. Techn. ")) VIPA_TestataSpecificheTecniche Naveen Jain

Mhmm… no, not here. There are many samples in Navision where multi-word options are used in TableRelation formulas without quotes. I. e. Table 32, Field 6: IF (Type=CONST(" ")) "Standard Text" ELSE IF (Type=CONST(G/L Account)) "G/L Account" ELSE IF (Type=CONST(Item)) Item ELSE IF (Type=CONST(Resource)) Resource ELSE IF (Type=CONST(Fixed Asset)) "Fixed Asset" ELSE IF (Type=CONST("Charge (Item)")) "Item Charge" Anyway, it seems that my client had gone berserk. After a while other weird messages began to pop out (like "DEL isn’t a valid shortcut, enter a valid one, i. e. ALT+F5, whenever I touched anything on the Object Designer). It was far past eight p. m. and I had enough of the stupid thing, so I turned my computer off and went home. Today it’s working fine, even that TableRelation. [?] Wonders never cease! [}:)] Anna