TABLE: FA Depreciation Book, FIELD: Depr. This Year % (Custom 1)

Hello,

I have set Depr. This Year % (Custom 1) in FA Depreciation Book as a FlowField and completed the below CalcFormula:

Sum(“FA Ledger Entry”.Amount WHERE (FA No.=FIELD(FA No.),FA Posting Type=FILTER(Depreciation),FA Posting Date=FILTER(01/01/12…31/12/12)))

Is there a way instead of manually filtering dates on FA Posting Date to automatically filter by currect or previous year?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards

Take a look at the Date Filter flowfilter field in table 15 G/L Entry, and notice how it’s used in the CalcFormula for the Balance flowfield. That should get you well on your way.

I’m sorry, table 15 is G/L Account, not G/L Entry.

Hello and thank you for the prompt response!

Balance field has the below CalcFormula on my enviroment:

Sum(“G/L Entry”.Amount WHERE (G/L Account No.=FIELD(No.),G/L Account No.=FIELD(FILTER(Totaling)),Business Unit Code=FIELD(Business Unit Filter),Global Dimension 1 Code=FIELD(Global Dimension 1 Filter),Global Dimension 2 Code=FIELD(Global Dimension 2 Filter)))

I don’t see any relation with Date Filter field, could you please elaborate more? I am a newbie.

Regards

Its the GL Account, on balance at date field.

G/L Account No.=FIELD(No.),G/L Account No.=FIELD(FILTER(Totaling)),Business Unit Code=FIELD(Business Unit Filter),Global Dimension 1 Code=FIELD(Global Dimension 1 Filter),Global Dimension 2 Code=FIELD(Global Dimension 2 Filter),Posting Date=FIELD(UPPERLIMIT(Date Filter))

Right Manish, thanks. The Balance At Date field includes the Date Filter in the CalcFormula property.

So Chrys, that shows you how to define a FlowFilter field and include it in the CalcFormula property of a FlowField decimal field. The next thing you need to do to make this work is to assign a filter value to the Date Filter flowfilter field. You’ll probably want to do this in code, and where you put it will depend on your business case. You’ll use the SETFILTER or SETRANGE command to do that.

Many Thanks to Manish and George,

Your guidance helped me on understanding how a FlowField Date filter works. I ended up using code to Filter the table and retreive the amount i wanted to use on my report though. It got too messy on using a compination of both.