Tab Order

Here’s another easy one … I hope. How do you set up the Tab Order on a Form? I wish there was some magic wand like say… autotab or something like that. Help.

You mean the order by which controls on a Form are selected, right? Usually, there is no need to do this. It is taken care of automatically by Navision’s User Interface. If it’s a Card Form, the system will go from top to bottom, left to right. If it’s a List Form, it will go left to right, top to bottom. If you, nevertheless, want to force a special order, each control has the NextControl property. Read about this property on the online help and you will learn everything you need to know. I hope I didn’t misundertood your question, good luck

Every text box, check box or whatever has a property called NextControl. In this field you can enter ID of control you want to be selected as next. -

Right! Use NextControl!!

I am new to this so please forgive my ignorance. Is there any way where you can specify which field to move to (using code). Example if I want to move to different fields according to an outcome of an IF statement, is there any command I can use. Also are there any good books which explain these functions/triggeres/commands better than the Online C/Side Reference guide (or at least makes it easier to find)?

Use the ACTIVATE function of controls: CurrForm.Control.ACTIVATE; Remember the control must be given a name before you are able to access its functions in C/AL Symbol Menu (F5).

Thanks for that Nelson. any ideas about good books or reference???

The problem with ACTIVATE is that there is no way of knowing how the control is activated; did the user tab into it or click into it with the mouse?

Using the Tab. Does Navision act differently?