Swap item

I’m working on the following issue: if a product we sold is defective, it must be swapped with a new one. I can create a ‘goods return’ order to get back the defective product. after this, I have to send the replacement product, but without making any invoice for it as we already invoiced the defective unit we are substituting. how can I do this in navision?

I think you can use a Return Order (or Regular Order) with 2 lines. One with Quantity 1 (for the Return) and one with Quantity -1 (for the Reshipment). If the Prices are the same, effectively you are creating a Credit Memo for 0 value.

Can you explain me better how it work? Thanks.

Its just so much easier to do it all on the Return Document, less work for the users, inventory balancing is easier, and it all looks nicer. I have always done it the way Chris suggests. (Or you can do it on a sales order instead of a return, but the return sounds nicer.)

Hmm, odd, I thought I replied to something, but there is nothing there? I thought some one said that the quantities would not tie or something like that. Did a post disapear?

Yeah, there was a post by Savatage (H Ruiz). And he’s been complaining about some of his posts disappearing or being edited (specially the ones containing links to mibuso.com). Oh boy, I sure hope it’s not all related as that’s not pretty at all.

Only the author, forum admin or admin can delete posts, or anyone with these settings. Unless of course it is a bug[:D]

no, I got rid of this one. After further thought the replies were more complete than mine. So to avoid confusion I removed it. I wasn’t 100% happy with it.

OK, that’s nice to know. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks, I thought I was going mad here. Replying to imaginary topics.