Supplementary Items - AX 2009

For items you can set up Trade agreements to allow different pricing for an item based on the quantity sold. For example:

Base item: Supplementary Item:

Quantity: Price: Quantity: Price:

50 mugs $10 each 50 gift bags $1 each

150 mugs $ 8each 150 gift bags $0.75 each

300 mugs $6 each 300 gift bags $0.50 each

Is there an easy way to do this for supplementary items? I set up pricing under the supplementary item’s trade agreement, but it seems as though the pricing set up on the supplementary item form (for the base item) superceeds the pricing on the trade agreement form (for the supplementary item).

Setup from the supplementary item form (for the purchase of a mug)

Quantity limit: 1 Supplementary item: gift bag Supplementary item quantity: 1 Supplementary item price: $1 Multiple Quantity: 1

I set up the supplimentary item multiple times for the base item with different quantity limits and pricing, which worked. However, this involves a lot of additional setup and, will show multiple options to the user, where I only want the user to see one option that correlates to the quantity entered. This is how I set up the multiple pricing on the supplementary item form:

Quantity limit: Supplementary item: gift bag Supplementary item quantity: 1 Supplementary item price: $1 Multiple Quantity: 1

Quantity limit: 150 Supplementary item: gift bag Supplementary item quantity: 1 Supplementary item price: $0.75 Multiple Quantity: 1

Quantity limit: 300 Supplementary item: gift bag Supplementary item quantity: 1 Supplementary item price: $0.50 Multiple Quantity: 1

As I mentioned, this works, but 1. involves a lot of setup, and 2. if the quantity of mugs ordered is 150 both the first option and second option would display to the user (both for a quantity of 150, but one for a price of $1 and another for a price of $.075). if the quantity ordered is 300 mugs, all three options would display to the user (all for a quantity of 300, but one for a price of $1, another for $0.75 and another for $0.50).

Is there a better way to do this that doesn’t involve any modifications to the system? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!