Sub Form update

If focus is on the header and information is added to the header is it possible to update the subform without actually clicking or moving focus to the subform? Thanks

CURRFORM.UPDATE will update the controls on a form. This can’t be called for a subform directly from the parent form. You can, however, define a function on the subform to perform the update and then call that function from the parent form.

Yes it’s possible The function “Currform.update” launch in the main form modify also the subform. Put the function in the control who made change in the subform.

I have a similar problem: i want to update a subform within a requestform. I have done as you recommended. the subform contains a function with just a single line: CurrForm.UPDATE; The RequestForm calls this function (called “refresh”) as “Subform.Refresh;” But when i try to update the subform i only get the message “Form has not been opened”. What do i have to do to update the subform within the request form ?? Stefan Weinreich Billing Analyst

I am not sure what you mean in this case by “Request Form”. Do you mean in a Report Request Form? I am not sure why you would want to do this, but anyway the correct code is:

RequestOptionsForm.UPDATE;

PS: Why are you trying to update a subform on a request form, and why do you have a subform on a request form (I’m just curious). PPS, you really should have opened a new topic for this. _________________________ David Singleton Navision Consultant since 1991 dmks22@home.com___________

Hey David, the problem is (or was till 12 am today), that we only had a licence for designing tables and forms and creating reports. So what could i do if i want to show the user something and to give him the opportunity to change something ? The only form i could add C/AL-code was the request form in a report. So i created a report to create new telephone-tariffs, searching for errors in the call-files (CDR-files), checking the invoices of carriers by comparing it with our CDR-files and so on. That’s why i had to go this odd way. But - since 12am today we are proudly owners of the application builder licence… Stefan Weinreich Billing Analyst

A little ingenuity goes a long way. _________________________ David Singleton Navision Consultant since 1991 dmks22@home.com___________