Strange AXapta/Database behaviour

Hi! I posted this question earlier on the MBS community forum and dynamicsusers.org, but I still haven’t found a solution for this problem:

My configuration shows strange database behaviour. On the same machine, I have the following installed:

• Oracle Database Server with two databases: Test and Production
  • Two AXapta 3.0 installations in separate directories (Test and Production).

I recently copied the database Production to database Test. I now connect with the Test AXapta to the Test database. But the titlebar of Axapta states:
user@Production

It seems that this problem only occurs in combination with an Oracle database server.

Anyone else experienced these problems, and/or knows a solution? It’s quite annoying that I can’t see the difference between Production and Test environment.

A summary of the answers I received in dynamicsusers.org forum:

I connect via 2-tier. It connects to the right database.

What do you exactly mean by checking the ODBC connectivity?

Thank you in advance,

Richard

Hi! A couple of months ago I posted this question. Has no one experienced this before nor has a solution for this strange problem?

Please advice, because it’s really not handy messing up the production and testing environment.

TIA, Richard

Hi, I am new to this forum.Just gone through your post. I have 3 environments on my pc.1 for local, 2 for UAT, and 3 for live data. Each have different database in oracle. I use different Service Name for these 3 diff. environments. I saved 3 diff. configuration for each environment, say Local for local, Axapta_UAT for uat and Axapta_Live for live environment and live database. Selects diff. environment when needed. Hope, it will help u…

Hi Richard,

I hope this problem of yours would have got resolved by now. If not, please free to mail me at harish[DOT]mohanbabu[AT]gmail[DOT]com. I will try to resolve this issue.

Regards

Hi Richard,

I hope this problem of yours would have got resolved by now. If not, please free to mail me at harish[DOT]mohanbabu[AT]gmail[DOT]com. I will try to resolve this issue.

Regards