Stop Automatic Reservation

Hi Friends

Currently inventory getting randomly reserved automatically. The following is my current settings.

In AR & Production - Parameters I set the automatic reservation as Manual.

But Still getting reserved automatically. How to stop all the reservation once for all and where?

Please help me.

Regards

G.R.R

HI G.R.R

May due to your setting in inventorymodelGroup setup.Check your setup there.

regards

P.RAM

Dear Ram

What i have to check in the inventory model group? Please explain in details.

Regards

GRR

HI GRR,

if you wannt to know complete details about reservation you must go through Customer source material(trade and logistics ) (80025 chapter1).It will give you complete Details about reservation.

Regards

P.Ram

<br>I am also facing the problem about reservation. I have kept reservation as manual in all the parameter (In sale, production and inventory). Still after production started and trafer order processed, material is reserved physically and ordered reserved. I have removed primary stocking for warehouse. But this should not affect the reservation as parameter is manual. This is happeing after master planning run taken.<br>

<br>I am also facing the problem about reservation. I have kept reservation as manual in all the parameter (In sale, production and inventory). Still after production started and trafer order processed, material is reserved physically and ordered reserved. I have removed primary stocking for warehouse. But this should not affect the reservation as parameter is manual. This is happeing after master planning run taken.<br>

Hi,

Did you found the solution. I am also facing the same problem

No my friend

What transaction and what circumstances, you can have reservation off and a stock journal will be seen as reservation, a confirmed pick list will reserve prior to shipment etc, it is not random.

There is a way to better manage your reservations and making them automatic (without manually reserving them). A way to set reservations based on a business rule easily define based on your business needs and not by automatically reserving upon creating a new sales order line.

Would you like to re-word that so it makes sense? [:D] Are you saying the best approach is to modify the system to handle reservations as the business requires? Not really answering the question posed though.

Meaning, the way that I handled this. First I created a New Element ‘Hold’ for the Reservation Enum and made it the default for new sales orders. Sales people would only need to change it to manual if they want to manage reservation manually.

Next create a class that will run thru all the SalesLine records (based on business criterias eg. sort or ConfirmDlv or Customers Groups etc…) and look for either records that are set to ‘Hold’ or ‘Automatic’. If the reservation is set to ‘Hold’, change it to ‘Automatic’, update the records and check for reservations.

With the way that you run thru your records and updating them is control thru the class. The reason for the new ‘Hold’ reservation is to prevent new orders leaping over existing sales orders and getting the available reservations.

Run the Class on a Batch Schedule (I run this every 30 minutes) or manually on a form.

I’ve created a history log table to track reservation activities and reports.

I’m thinking of packaging this together to possibly be sold as a tool for Dyanamic AX 2009 version.

You would need to write it for AX2012 really, market will be small anyway, people that want this sort of modification generally have it written one way or another. Still do not let that stop you obviously!