Stock Validation

Hey, Currently, I have a problem with one of our clients. Our programmers made some customisation which generated wrong Unit prices, Unit costs and amounts on Sales lines and Purchase lines. Off course these lines are already shipped, received and invoiced, causing the item ledger entries to have wrong stock validations. My task is now to update all these posted data, so the stock validation turns out right. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of problem ? Please help, all suggestions are welcome ! Thanks in advance, Fozzie May the source be with you

This is what I suggest : 1/ Identify the non working code causing problem and DELETE it. Post an invoice (in a test company) and check that the price and the rest looks correct. 2/ Create a Credit Memo for all the posted invoices with the wrong amouts. 3/ Recreate all your invoices and post them again. IMPORTANT : don’t try to modify the posted invoice from the table designer, you will just end up in even more troubles. As you might know if you Navigate from your posted invoice a lot of entries have been created by the system, let me warn you if you decide to update all the entries manually you’re taking a BIG risk. Even if reversing all your entries and recreating them is a tedious and frustrating job it’s safer and cleaner accounting-wise. tarek_demiati@ureach.com Edited by - Tarek Demiati on 2001 Aug 24 16:44:18

If all of the entries posted are from a specific date range, you could get creative and write a function similar to the copy documents or the old Make Credit Memo to copy each Posted Invoice as a Open Credit Memo. Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117

I forgot to mention something quiet important (just in case!) : Do a backup and store it somewhere safe before doing anything … Good Luck! tarek_demiati@ureach.com